City Lawyer Consulting

Tourist license

Before engaging in the tourism business, you must apply for a TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) license at the Tourist Business and Guides Registration Office. Tourist companies are regulated by the Tourist Business and Guides Act.

Licensing assistance

Since tourism is a restricted activity under the Foreign Business Law, a foreigner who wishes to engage in the tourism business must register a legal entity to apply for a TAT license.


If the applicant is an individual, the following conditions must be met:

☑ Thai citizenship;

☑ At least 20 years of age;

☑ Having a place of residence or residence in the Kingdom of Thailand;

☑ Do not be bankrupt;

☑ Not be incompetent, incompetent, or quasi-incompetent;

☑ Not be a person whose license has been suspended;

☑ Not be a person whose license was revoked five years before the current Application.

Legal entity (company)

☑ Registration by Thai law;

☑ Having as its business goal the support of business tourists in Thailand;

☑ The citizens of Thailand must bear all unlimited liability of the company.

☑ In a limited liability company, at least half of the directors must be Thai citizens, and individuals with Thai citizenship must own at least 51% of the capital.

List of documents

☑ Application for a TAT license, signed by a Thai director and stamped by the company.

☑ Certificate of Registration and purposes of the company by the Civil and Commercial Code (not older than one month). Only a Thai director is authorized to sign and stamp the company.

☑ List of shareholders' names certified by the Department of Commerce (DBD).

☑ Memorandum of Association certified by the Department of Commerce (DBD).

☑ Company Regulations or Company Incorporation Report (if the company does not have a Company Regulations) certified by the Department of Commerce (DBD).

☑ A copy of the director's ID and registered address certified by the director.

☑ Company seal.

☑ Two photographs of the office facade (with the address and a sign).

☑ Map of the location of the office.

☑ Evidence of office ownership or lease.

☑ Power of attorney.

☑ A guarantee, cash, or cashier's check used as collateral.

☑ Paid fees.

More info
Update: 19-02-2023
Insurance services
Types of insurance in Thailand
Company registration
Types of companies in Thailand
Accounting services
Types of taxes in Thailand
Licensing assistance
Licenses in Thailand
Consulting and other services
For businesses and individuals
Maintenance of BOI
Board of Investment (BOI)
Legal Services in Thailand
Civil law
Criminal law
Family law
Visa services
Types of visas in Thailand
Real Estate. Services
About Real Estate in Thailand
Privacy Policy