City Lawyer Consulting

Visa for journalists in Thailand

The Thai non-immigrant 'M' visa is issued to media members. You can apply for this visa if you work in Thailand as a film producer, journalist or reporter.

Visa services

Non-immigrant 'M' visa in Thailand

This type of visa may be granted to candidates who wish to enter the Kingdom for:

  1. Long-term work as a journalist or reporter in Thailand
  2. Perform activities in Thailand as a film producer

Required Documents

  • A fully completed visa application
  • Passport or another travel document valid for six months and a copy of the passport
  • One photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant (taken within the last six months). The photo must have a white/light background. The face must be completely open. Hats, caps, sunglasses, and shoulder coverings are not allowed.

For journalists and media correspondents:

  • Letter or certificate from the head of the agency confirming the appointment and title of the candidate. Sent to the Director General of the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
  • Candidate's CV;
  • Brief description of the news agency;
  • Evidence of registration of the news agency with the government of Thailand or a foreign country;
  • The candidate's criminal record, issued by the country in which the candidate resides;
  • Letter of approval from the information department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

For film producers:

  • Letter or certificate from the coordinating organization in Thailand;
  • copy of the passport or ID of the coordinator in Thailand;
  • Letter of Approval from the Film Association of Thailand, Ministry of Tourism and Sports, submitted before obtaining a visa.

Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents and, if necessary, invite the applicant for an interview. In the absence of the required document, a letter explaining why it was not submitted must be provided.

Validity of the visa for journalists

The validity of the visa is three months or one year.

Holders of this type of visa are initially guaranteed a period of stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise directed by a department of the Bureau of Immigration.

Contact Form EN
More info
Update: 20-02-2023
Contact Form EN-2
Insurance services
Types of insurance in Thailand
Company registration
Types of companies in Thailand
Accounting services
Types of taxes in Thailand
Licensing assistance
Licenses in Thailand
Consulting and other services
For businesses and individuals
Maintenance of BOI
Board of Investment (BOI)
Legal Services in Thailand
Civil law
Criminal law
Family law
Visa services
Types of visas in Thailand
Real Estate. Services
About Real Estate in Thailand
Privacy Policy